- Chibuzo
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
In Summary
I have posted a lot about the internet and I am truly fascinated by the ways in which this topic is covered. Despite the media source, it seems that this question of what one can and cannot do on the internet is extremely obscure. However, I noticed that this topic is mostly framed so that audiences feel like they must take a side. The dramatic structural bias is definitely utilized. I think the western media tries to paint a fair picture of what is happening on the internet, however it fails to be totally objective for two reasons: first it mainly examines stories from a human rights perspective and neglects all the other ways this topic manifests itself in our daily lives and second, it is all done from a western lens. There is very little insight or voice given to the subjects of these stories. I think this is a topic I would really like to elaborate on in my final paper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment